Sunday, May 20, 2007

What & How

Here's the plan:
for 12 weeks
, work out five days a week with trainers at Julian's studio + eat only what they tell me to.

So 12 weeks sounds unrealistic for the "average Joe"? Tell me about it. The eco-design studio where I work is slammed, and I've got young kids, and do a bit of freelance on the side. Right in the middle of my program I'm going to have to travel to Chicago for a week-long trade show, and get up early to work out in the hotel fitness club. Let me tell you, in recent years, exercise has been LOW on my list of priorities.


Heck, I haven't even had time to upload the blog entries I wrote for this week until today!

At first, my wife wondered about the idea of taking time away from everything else going on. But she quickly became the biggest supporter, because she likes the idea of me sticking around for a while, rather than keeling over at my desk in about ten years.

And Julian's goal in this? To see me get started on solid ground, build good habits and a better perspective on how my body integrates into my life. And then send me off into the world.