Sunday, May 20, 2007

I am what I eat (and I tell Kyle every day)

If the CEO of some company called me to his office downtown, and offered me a million dollars if I could tell them everything I ate over the course of a week before I started this program... I'd have to take the bus home.

I've never tracked what I eat. It's such a simple idea, and is part of the trainer-client relationship.

Every day I am going to email Kyle and tell him what I ate the day before. Not only does it keep me mindful of what I'm putting into my mouth, it give him a chance to encourage me and make recommendations if he's seeing an imbalance.

I can also see, already, that it's going to help me save money on food. Because I'll be planning rather than grabbing-on-the go, and because I'll be cooking a lot of it myself, and so paying only for ingredients.