Monday, August 6, 2007

Life 101

All along I've been viewing this 12 week, semester-long program as a re-education in how I should eat and exercise. That's what much of this blog is about, but as I'm coming to the end of it all, I'm reflecting a lot on what I've learned.

Two big concepts are
1. eating - what to take in and how much. Link to this post, this post and this post to read more.
2. that fitness = time + effort. It requires a commitment to both. But that the commitment, followed through, shows a very real, measurable, and self-perpetuating return on the investment.

I've also learned a lot of very specific tools... how to breathe, how to improve balance, circuits of exercises that I can do on my own, etc, etc, etc.

Of course, with this course there is no end-of-term exam. The exam will be how I eat and exercise in the next month, year, and for the rest of my days.