Friday, July 13, 2007

The proof is in the pudding

I'm getting a lot of questions lately, about what I am eating (or not eating). Although "questions" is not quite an accurate word! More often, folks are giving me their suspicions:

Q: You probably have to eat special foods that cost a ton of money?
A: Nope, it's regular food. Only I'm eliminating the overly processed from my diet... so by "r
egular" food I mean real food.

Q: Is the trick to go no carb? Or is it no meat? Or is it nothing but chicken and lemon for weeks on end?
A: Meats, grains, breads, dairy
, all sorts of flavors are on my plate.

Q: But probably in micro-portions?

... and so on!

Julian is an Italian man who loves good food. He also takes a com
monsense approach to nutrition consulting (read more about it here).

In this entry I decided to show, rather than tell. So last Sunday I took pictures of what I ate for a 24 hour period. Click on each photo to see it in all of its glory.



Breakfast:
1 serving of multigrain granola with 1/2 cup of skim milk. An orange. Black coffee.






Mid-morning snack:
Raw walnuts with chunks of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, dipped in honey. More filling than you would think, and the perfect blend of savory and sweet.





Lunch:
Hummus, green onions, and shaved carrot sandwich. On Niedlovs Four Seed bread (so healthy, so delicious). 1/2 an ear of corn.






Mid-afternoo
n snack:
This yellow pepper. Simply sliced it up and e
njoyed.





Dinner:
Palm-size piece of NY strip, grilled. Trimmed that fat off, of course! Served with snap beans and new potatoes cooked with Alchemy Spice lemon pepper, in a bit of olive oil. A small glass of red wine.


And all day, every day I drink lots and lots (and lots) of water.


Could I eat more? Sure, I could cram it in... like I used to do.
But you can see that I'm not hurting for quantity, or quality, or flavor.