Monday, July 23, 2007

Energy and synergy

Because the way I look has changed so dramatically in a short period of time, a lot of people have been asking me lately about how I feel. It's a good question, but the answer isn't really surprising. I feel a heck of a lot better.

My energy level is the biggest thing. It's not like the boost from a double espresso with 2 sugar cubes (the sort of boost I once used to get through the day)... it's more that I don't lack for energy throughout the day. I am the sort of person who does not sit still for long and I feel for the first time, in a long time, that my body able to keep up with my schedule. Which of course helps things that matter - like work productivity - and things that matter even more - like ensuring that I am even more engaged with my wonderful kids at the end of the work day.

I'm not proud to say it: as much as I have always loved being with my kids there used to be many days where all I wanted to do was sit down when I got home. But really connecting with a 5 and 3 year old doesn't always include sitting down...

now I have much more energy to jump, climb, race and even sit and read together. Even more than eating better, breathing better, and having better balance, the quality of time at the end of every day, with my family, is what I've come to love most about being in better shape.