Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Before and Halfway

Okay, I admit, this is a bit cheesy. The 'before' and 'after' shots. But it's all true... no photo retouching or sucking in of the belly or anything.

Of course, 'after' here means 'halfway'... but decided to show the progression.

I took the first picture on a timer and haven't thought about it since, but after my lovely wife snapped a picture of me on Saturday - to mark the halfway point in my transformation - I decided to set them side by side.

And it’s darn surprising. The two me's on the left are a month and a half ago; the two on the right are three days ago. 5 days a week of training - strength and cardio - and eating according to the trainers’ recommendations.

And look what’s right there in the photos. Or, NOT there in the photos: 22 lbs of chunk around my midriff.

Even more important, my resting heart rate has lowered 9 beats per minute. That means that my heart has much less struggle within every 24 hour period because it is beating 12,960 fewer times.