Saturday, August 11, 2007

The results are in, and the winner is... truth

All the results are back. Here's what has happened in the last three months:
  • I turned 35 years old.
  • I lost 33 pounds (final weight 158). This means that I lost 1/6 of my total body weight. Crazy.
  • My resting heart rate has dropped 15 beats a minute. This means that over the course of the next year, my heart will have to beat 7,884,000 fewer times than it did last year.
  • My body fat is now 14.5%
  • I lost 6 1/2 inches off my waistline. Also nearly 1 inch off my neck and off my calf. That's right - I lost an inch of fat off my calf. Weird.
  • Flexibility test scores went from 37th percentile ("below average") to 81st percentile ("excellent").
  • Nutrition is on key.
  • I can do 60 pushups without stopping (double what I could do before).
  • I can bench press 195 lbs. Which means that if I met pre-FlabtoFit Caleb and he called me skinny, I could bench press him.
Q&A:

So overall, did Julian tell the truth that he could change not only a person's look but their lifestyle?
That's a rhetorical question, if I've ever heard one.

Would I recommend that other people take the approach I took, a twelve-week, semester long re-education in how to eat right for your body, with one on one training to reach your personal goals?
Absolutely. It has required a big commitment - as does any program, or anything in life that pays off. And the men and women in their sixties who I see in the Fitness Together studios are an inspiration to me that I can continue on track for years to come.


What about for people for whom a five-day-a-week, twelve week program does not work? Would I still recommend to them one-on-one personal training and nutrition consulting? Absolutely. In fact, I not only 'would,' I do. I tell people to call Fitness Together, all the time. Talk to Julian, he's not unrealistic. He's a certified, Master's educated businessman and coach who loves life, loves good food, and loves helping people reach their goals.